October 19, 2020
Hello Supporters of Faith Action for Community Equity!
Faith Action has been keeping very busy, despite the pandemic. The work that Faith Action is doing is more important than ever to make sure that our community comes through these hard times with improved priorities, more clearly defined and relevant goals and a more just, peaceful and verdant Hawaii.
We are right in the middle of our annual Faith Action Unit Investment Drive. The Drive started on September 19th and will run up to Halloween. We call it an “Investment Drive” because, while we are a 501c organization (i.e., tax-deductible), funds given to Faith Action are an investment in a better future. Thus far, we have received $10, 708 in investments from the various units, and more are coming in.
Everyone at Faith Action understands that these are economically difficult times for all of us and that many who would like to contribute are simply not able to right now.
Since we cannot currently make announcements at church services or meet up with you at coffee hour, your unit representative may be contacting you by phone or video chat. Of course, you need not wait to hear from us if the spirit moves you to give now.
Below are several options for those who wish to invest:
1) Give a check to your Unit Representative payable to Faith Action for Community Equity.
2) Mail in Investment Checks directly to Faith Action’s mailing address at:
Faith Action for Community Equity
P.O. Box 235950
Honolulu, HI 96823
3) Invest online at our Fundraising Page: www.givebutter.com/faithactionhi
1. Enter the link in their phone or computer web browser
2. On top of the page, click on ‘Donate’
3. Option to choose a team member/unit rep to get credit for the Investment
4. Make investment via Credit/Debit card, PayPal or Venmo
5. Investors will be automatically emailed a confirmation receipt
4) People can also still invest online on our main website: www.faithactionhawaii.org (this site) Scroll to the bottom of this page to invest now via PayPal or Debit/Credit card.
We hope you will join us in investing in Faith Action to support our efforts to improve the quality of life here on Hawaii for ourselves and to be a voice for those who have a hard time being heard.