Faith Action for Community Equity is currently accepting nominations for community leaders interested in joining our Board of Directors as the Interim Vice President of Clergy. We are looking for someone to fulfill the remaining term for our previous VP of Clergy, which will end on December 31, 2022.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization and works to advance our mission through grassroots community organizing. Our Board works with each other and the executive director to develop strategic direction, oversee finances, and organizational policies. At this time, we are looking to strengthen leadership in the following areas: grassroots community organizing, public relations, fundraising, legal expertise, and government/civic engagement.
Length of term: 1 year (Interim)
● Active or retired clergy member
● Lead quarterly Clergy Caucus meetings (Suggested: Conduct one-to-ones with member clergy)
● Attend Board and organizational meetings (Steering Committee, Delegated Council)
● Make an annual personal financial contribution and/or assist with fundraising activities
● Advocate on behalf of Faith Action and share our work with others in the community,
funders, and potential new members
● Board meetings: 1 hour per month
● Steering Committee meetings: 1.5 hours quarterly
● Delegated Council meetings: 1.5 hours twice per year
● Clergy Caucus meetings: 1 hour quarterly + prep time
● Various: One-to-one meetings with ED, members, clergy
Please send nominations to Ashleigh Loa at email@example.com by February 11, 2022.